The Advantage Moving team is committed to providing you with an easy and complete move, but there are some things even we can’t move. Things like hazardous materials and important documents are off limits, and you’ll have to make other arrangements to get them to your new location.
Here is a list of items that we can’t move for you. Be sure to look it over completely before the day of your move!
- Gasoline and propane tanks
- Fire extinguishers and fireworks
- Car and home batteries
- Liquid bleach
- Nail polishes/remover
- Lamp oils and matches
- Weapons and/or ammunition
- Paint and paint thinner
- Pool chemicals and cleaning solvents
Additionally, it’s important to empty your refrigerators and freezers the day before your move… and dispose of any liquid containers where the seal has been broken (because they can leak).
We also suggest keeping some items with you on the day of your move, for your own safety and protection:
- Cash and credit cards
- Stocks, IRAs, and bond certificates
- School records, medical records, and insurance policies
- Deeds and address books
- Photo albums
- Prescription medication
- Remote controls, cell phones, and pagers
- Personal documents, computer disks, and videotapes